kruizing with kikukat

Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Big Game

There are times when I find myself screaming at the Ds.  I yell at them to clean up their things, tidy up their rooms, and to finish homework before playing (well, mostly just D2 hears this).  But I need to remember to take the time to praise them when they do something right and tell them I'm proud of them.  This is going to be one of those moments.  If you're feeling a little squeamish, perhaps you join us next time (there will be a recipe).  If not, please indulge me.

This school year has been just non-stop.  I've been busy at work during the day, and I've also been busy doing chauffeur duty at night.  I thought I'd be scaling back on evening chauffeuring when D1 switched from dance to cheerleading, but I couldn't have been more wrong.  I'm a proud cheerleading parent.  D1 tried out and made the Hilo High Cheerleading Squad.  She is one of 10 cheerleaders for the school year.  Cheerleading practice is normally 1 1/2-2 hours at least 4 times a week.  This means I'm driving to Hilo High before 6 pm, going home, then repeating the whole trip in 2 hours.  Whew!

Weekends are showtime:  football games during the fall and basketball games during the spring.  September 10 was the first football game of the regular season.  Because there is only 1 cheerleading squad, the girls are expected to cheer at both the junior varsity and varsity games, making for a loooong evening (7 hours).  And as a supportive parent, I was there for at least 5 of those hours, and The Rents were in attendance too.  They arrived in time to watch the jv squeak by Kealakehe with a 13-12 (might have been 14-13) victory and left at the end of the 1st quarter. . . before the massacre was apparent (varsity lost 0-50+).  D2, Mr. Dependable & Aunty Crystal also came.  In any case, D1 did us all proud, and we will support her (and embarrass her) with our presence as often as we possibly can.

Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
Customize your own free digital collage

No comments:

Post a Comment